1673 New Northrup Ranch Rd.
Pipe Creek, TX 78063
Driving directions from San Antonio:
- Take I-10 west to Hwy. 46 exit in Boerne
- Take Hwy 46 west about 12 miles to the intersection with Hwy. 16
- Turn right onto Hwy. 16 toward Pipe Creek.
- Turn right on Bear Springs Road just before the Pipe Creek Post Office.
- Stay on Bear Springs Road through several sharp turns and creek crossing.
- Turn right on New Northrup Ranch Road and proceed to ranch gate.
- Call in advance for Gate Combination.
MapQuest to Bear Springs Road.
Nearby Adventures and Information:
- Bandera, the self-proclaimed Cowboy Capital of the World and for good reason, is just
9 miles down the road. When you see a person in a cowboy hat and boots
they're usually "the real thing"! It's home to lots of local color, some
good food, antiquing, rodeos in season, a place to rent inner tubes to
float down the Medina River when the river is high enough (on the far side
of town), and a local museum that's worth a look-see for the "spontaneity
and uniqueness" of its exhibits.
- Boerne is a bustling town with a proud German heritage. Full of antique shops and tasty
places to eat, it's worth a trip.
- San Antonio There's enough to fill a book about San Antonio, its history and its sites. That's
why so may have been written.
Some particular sites to note:
- The Alamo and other missions along the Spanish Mission Trail
- The Mercado with its multitude of imports from south of the border and picante
- The Historic District of restored homes and offices
- The Museums and Botanical Gardens
- The Riverwalk, filled with restaurants and shops
- Theme Parks: Sea World, Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- Austin The capitol of Texas and birthplace of a whole new genre of music-making, Austin
is a place to visit. Whether it's nightlife along 6th Street, the LBJ Library, the State Capitol or the Lady Bird Johnson Wildlife
Center, Austin has something for everyone.
- Tapatio Springs Golf Resort Set in a dramatic canyon and valley, Tapatio is barely fifteen minutes down the
road. The golf course is world-class and worth a play for those who love
- Comfort and Fredericksburg Comfort is noted as a mecca of antique shoppers. Fredericksburg, an historic
German settlement, is the place to go for its biergartens, authentic buildings
and quaint shops.
- Lost Maples State Park If you haven't had your fill of hiking and would like an opportunity to explore
another area, take advantage of this beautiful state park.
- Caverns Galore This area of the Hill Country boasts some beautiful underground wonders. All are spectacular and worth a visit. They're delightfully cool too, if you're
looking for something to do in the warmer months! Among
- Audubon Society of Austin Check here for more information on birding in the Hill Country and learn about the natural habitats of our local endangered species.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department This site tells you what you need to know about all aspects of nature, conservancy, hunting licenses and limits, and wildlife habitats in the state.
- Bandera Grassland Grass fed Texas bred Beef that is as pure now as it was back then.
- Bayou Teche Hunting Preserve Louisiana Upland Game Hunts with a touch of 'Cajun'. Quail, Chuckar & Pheasant — Located in Breaux Bridge, LA.